Little acts of kindness can make a BIG difference. That’s what GlobalGiving’s Little by Little campaign is all about! From TODAY, Monday, 3rd April 2023 until Good Friday, 7th April 2023, give up to $50 (about Ugx. 190,000) and receive a 50 percent match on your donation.
As in if you give:
- US$10 (Ugx 40,000) your donation is matched US$ 5 (Ugx 20,000), making it a total donation of US$ 15 (Ugx 60,000).
- US$20 (Ugx 80,000) your donation is matched US$ 10 (Ugx 40,000); making it a total donation of US$ 30 (Ugx 120,000).
- US$ 30 (Ugx 120,000) your donation is matched US$ 15 (Ugx 60,000); making it a total donation of US$ 45 (Ugx 180,000).
- US$ 40 (Ugx 160,000) your donation is matched US$ 20 (Ugx 80,000); making it a total donation of US$ 60 (Ugx 240,000).
- US$ 50 (Ugx 200,000) your donation is matched US$ 30 (Ugx 120,000); making it a total donation of US$ 320,000).
We ask you to please extend your little act of kindness to give an early Easter Gift in support of disadvantaged youth of Lango in Northern Uganda. Help us to access the 50 percent matching funds from GlobalGiving. Donate to our “GIVE WELDING APPRENTICESHIPS TO 25 YOUTH OF LANGO” project; which was proposed by a young adult, Jimmy Ezra Okello, a valedictorian of our “Mentoring Youth into Innovators Against Poverty” project.
Among the machinery that Innovator Okello needs in order to provide welding apprenticeships and for which we, at CPAR Uganda, are raising funds are:
Welding plant inverter at the cost of US$ 150 or Ug. Shs. 550,000
Welding Angle Grinder at the cost of US$ 190 or Ug. Shs. 700,000
Welding Diesel Generator at the cost of US$ 240 or Ug. Shs. 900,000
Okello is a university graduate from a disadvantaged background. Be that as it may, he is the rare kind who isn’t afraid to get his hands dirty. Watch this one minute video and you will appreciate how Okello is determined to succeed against all odds.
Youth like Okello are scarce and yet are much needed in Uganda of today with the 2nd youngest population in the world. And he is passionate about helping other youth similarly disadvantaged to overcome and get livelihoods for which they can contribute to meeting the basic and genuine needs of their respective households.