We, at CPAR Uganda Ltd, are delighted to welcome Mr. Johnson Stanley Okullo Engole, as the new member of our Board of Directors. Mr. Engole became a member of our General Assembly in 2016 and with him he brought to CPAR Uganda Ltd a wealth of knowledge and experience, including the history of how the Uganda country programme of the Canadian Physicians for Aid and Relief (CPAR Uganda) entered and worked in Lango Sub-Region, later transforming into CPAR Uganda Ltd.
Mr. Engole contributing during a CPAR Uganda Ltd high level dialogue on tuberculosis
He is a retired civil servant and a significant elder of Oyam District, of Lango Sub-Region and of Uganda as a whole who possess a wealth knowledge and skills on good governance:
- 1968 to 1988 he was the Chairman of Wanahewa – i.e. the EAAC Credit and Savings Cooperative Society.
- 1967 to 1968 he was the Chairman of the EAAC Workers Union;
- 1968 to 1971 he was a Councillor at Kampala City Council – serving on various committees;
- 1988 to 2005 he represented Loro as an LC V Councillor of Apac District Local Council – serving as Secretary for Production (1996 to 2000) and Speaker (2001 to 2005).
- 1997 to date he is the Chairman of Lango Cooperative Union Ltd.
His other accomplishments include, but are not limited to: 1962 – worked as a Revenue Clerk in Kampala City Council; 1963 to 1977 – worked for the East African Airways Corporation (EAAC) in different capacities;1978 to 1979 – was in exile where he taught as a secondary school teacher in Nakuru; and 1979 – returned to Uganda and until 1988 he was the Marketing Manager for Uganda Airlines