The CPAR Uganda Reading Room at our Lira Learning Centre on Plot 5 Makerere Road, Lira City; right opposite the Lira City Council (former Lira District Local Government Headquarters) and surrounded by the Lira City Golf Course has re-opened for business. With effect from Tuesday, 11th April 2023, we will be open Monday to Saturday, from 07:00 a.m. to 06:00 p.m. offering the following services at a fee:
- Reading stations that allow for privacy.
- Books, periodicals, journals and other publications which users can use as reference material, without taking them out of our Learning Centre.
- Users are allowed to bring in their own reading material.
- Internet services can be accessed via our Business Centre also within our Lira Learning Centre; or alternatively, users are allowed to use their own data bundles and electronic gadgets.
- Novels are available too, but cannot be taken out of our Learning Centre.
Our reading room is ideal for students, researchers, and practitioners looking for a quite and serene environment to concentrate on reading and writing.
The income generated is utilized by CPAR Uganda for the operation of the Reading Room and for our development programmes, including our Mentoring Young Adults into Innovators Against Poverty Project. We are indeed excited that starting 1st March 2023, two young innovators under the mentorship and supervision from our Managing Director, have taken charge of managing and running our Reading Room.
Okello Jimmy Ezra and Oluka Robert are beneficiaries of our mentoring programme; and running our Reading Room is the next stage of their practical learning and skills acquisition journey. They are learning by doing all aspects of identifying, designing and implementing development interventions. We invite you to support them through referrals and patronage.
To learn more and to access our Reading Room services, please call or WhatsApp:
- Innovator Okello on +256 789 962 225
- Innovator Oluka on +256 776 469 035